Sustainable Tourism at Vose Farm
"Loved the sunsets and watching the swallows on the pond!"
First and foremost, we're not eco warriors or green activists, we're just a 'normal' family running a self catering holiday business in Cornwall (Kernow). We're lucky enough to live in one of the most beautiful areas in the UK. We love the peace and tranquillity of this area and are keen to help you enjoy it too. We do support the principles of sustainable tourism; which focusses on developing businesses such as ours without ruining the environment or local communities. We are trying to build a successful business without destroying the landscape or ruining other local businesses. In other words, taking a long term, sustainable view of our business.
Hopefully you will see evidence of our approach in the sympathetic way we have restored and renovated our house and barns using local resources and skills. In the time and effort we have taken to create natural wildlife habitats including our nature pond, new woodland walkways and retained hedge groves. By the decision we have taken to keep the acres and acres of set aside rather than allow them to be ploughed in to the field boundaries. In doing this, we continue to attract a wide variety of wildflowers, butterflies, birds and other wildlife (including wild deer, badgers and foxes).
- We reduce, reuse and recycle as much as we are able to.
- We harvest rainwater off the old dairy sheds and use it to water and feed our vegetable garden.
- We are energy efficient both in our lighting and heating.
- We draw our own water from a private bore hole (filtered and UV cleared and officially certified as great to drink!) .
- We support local businesses and are happy to share information on the services they provide.
- We promote local attractions and will point you in the right direction.
- We produce our own vegetables and eggs and invite you to try them and buy them.
Finally, we are always thinking of ways to improve our business and the sustainable approach we are taking and would welcome any ideas you may have.
Vose Farm Holiday Cottages support and are members of the Cornwall Sustainable Tourism Project (CoaST)